For every business, data protection is a huge priority. However, the myth that cloud technologies are not as secure as on-premise ones is just that, a myth. This is largely due to the fact that the data is not stored on personally owned servers. But that does not mean your data is out of your control or not secure.
According to ITP.net, a leading tech website in the Middle East, this reticence to adopt cloud technology is a matter of slower adoption trends: “Cloud adoption among SMBs in more mature markets like US and Europe is prevalent. However, the adoption of Cloud services among SMBs in the UAE is still in a nascent stage”. So how can this reluctance be alleviated? With an army of facts, of course.
Adopting CLOUD technology is a smart move
Cloud computing otherwise known as SaaS (Software as a service) is an alternative to the standard software installation where a user has to build the server, install the application and configure it. There are many advantages for businesses to adopt SaaS technology:
- Easy and quick installation: When choosing a SaaS solution for your business, the installation and configuration of the application can be completed in one business day
- Reducing costs: While using SaaS, users benefit from a subscription plan instead of paying for the software itself. The cost of maintenance is nominal.
- Safer Storage: When your data is stored via the cloud it is securely held in off-site locations that are better equipped to monitor and protect your data.
- Updates and upgrades: Costs and efforts associated with upgrades and new releases are lower than traditional model. At DiliTrust, our software is subjected to rigorous and continuous testing, upgrades and updates to ensure the protection of your data.
- 24/7 support: DiliTrust provide 24/7 multilingual technical support in the MEA region for all our customers. Our team also provide clients with unlimited and personalised training for the seamless adoption of cloud SaaS technology.
Not just a cost cutting initiative!
SaaS applications clearly present advantages for businesses in the MEA but their number one advantage is data security. When implementing a cloud solution, the software editor stores and maintains servers and databases. This means that cloud technology incorporates advanced and specialist security features beyond those of on-site capabilities. When combined with experienced data security experts, cloud computing provides an incredible guarantee of high security data storage. Clients who choose DiliTrust to protect their data also benefit from our ISO 27 001 international security certificate among many other security specifications.
Global consultancy firm Deloitte have found through their research that companies who fear cyberattacks are statistically safer if they choose to store their data using the cloud. “On-premises environment users experience an average of 61.4 attacks, while service provider environment customers averaged only 27.8”, cited David Linthicum, Chief Cloud Strategy Officer at Deloitte.
The future IS cloud Technology
According to Intelligent CIO, “Cloud computing in the Middle East has rapidly gained momentum and is expected to be a US$290 million market in the UAE alone by 2020”. The MEA market is therefore gearing up to adopt cloud security and this is reflected globally. Research consultancy group Gartner are in agreement, citing that,”By 2025, 55 percent of large enterprises will successfully implement an all-in cloud SaaS strategy”, confirming that the future of storage lies in the cloud.
CYBERSECURITY IN THE MIDDLE EAST
Cybersecurity is gaining momentum in the MEA as governments and businesses alike recognise its importance. “Governments in the Middle East are also focusing more on cybersecurity, releasing cybersecurity frameworks and mandating country-specific regulatory policies”, cites Gartner, “to counter cybersecurity threats in the Middle East”. Companies who must be compliant with new regulations, such as National Electronic Security Authority (NESA) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) or Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA) in Saudi Arabia, need to invest in a secure cloud provider.
Clients can benefit from our bulletproof data security that involves; data hosting in France, Canada and the MEA that is not subject to the U.S. Freedom Act or Cloud Act; IS0 27001 certification and AES 256 encryption.
Contact us today to speak to one of our security experts.